22 February 2012

twisting the knife


RED DOT II
the last paso 2006
1929 ford roadster with hallock windshield






















My buddy Danny dug out some old clips from his stash.

DynoDanny's Garage: The Red Dot II lost footage!

RED DOT II vs CHIEF
the last antique nats at LACR 2006





















Chief and I smoked good ole Pigpen driving the Red Dot,
but I also broke out and he got to keep racing.

The pictures gave me a little lump in my throat,
but these videos really twisted the knife.





Man this was probably the sweetest driving and sounding flathead ever.
The headers were like cannons.
The neighbors must have loved me,
I'd rev this thing back and forth up main st. tuning it up.




Thanks Danny and Lucy!
You made me hit the bottle.

TP

No comments:

Post a Comment