12 September 2011

X marks the spot

This weekend I had planned great things.
I didn't know what they would be,
but I was ready to put some shop hours in.

Not sure what happened but this weekend I was totally useless.
There was a local car show in Old Town near the shop.
I almost bailed,
but at the last minute rallied and swapped the broken starter on Chief.

Well this was the first time it had started since the new oil line for the filter,
and of course a o-ring was missing so a quart or 2 of oil spewed out.

I didn't fix it,
just plugged the oil line.


uh,
that's not my oil spill!


























I almost called it quits and went back to bed, but didn't.
Jaxon and I loaded our bikes and headed down to the show,
"Fiesta de Kustom Kulture"
than rode back home.

chief in old town

























Glad I didn't bail the show.
I've got excuses not to go to shows that are a couple hundred miles away,
but not really a show 3 miles away.
If I had better planning I would have pulled the Tres Huevos 40 down there.

FIESTA DE KUSTOM KULTURE - SAT SEPT 10th - OLD TOWN SAN DIEGO - THE H.A.M.B.
(if you are interested there's more pics I took the 2nd page of this link)

At the show we met the guy BOMONSTER that does that scratch art.

BOMONSTER and PERICH's




















Got some stickers and shirts.
bomonster
This is the segue into the 2nd thing I accomplished,
(other than the coon tail)

new sticker





















I went to the shop not too ready to tackle a big project,
and ended up staring at the missing hinges on the 40 for an hour.
The one thing I did do was put the BOMONSTER sticker on the welder.

Holy Chit.
I'm either on fire or ash!

So now that my batteries are recharged,
here's hoping to a productive week.

TP

No comments:

Post a Comment