21 April 2015

shoe whore heresy

For most guys,
there's a loyalty that goes with shoes.
Certain brands fit certain foot types,
and for people that don't have time for uncomfortable surprises,
and wasted purchases,
we'll traditionally rebuy the same shoe.
I've gravitated to Adidas Stan Smith's 
for at least 25+ years,
sometimes dipping into the Rod Lavers.
The SS's are durable leather,
and hold up to metalwork - welding & grinding,
for a really long time.
Two months ago I took a detour,
and tried out the revamped suede skate versions,
 with the gum sole
Wow.
It was like a custom made shoe for my feet,
getting more comfortable with each step.
 was leery about the construction,
The thin suede reinforced with "sprint skin",
a thin plastic skeleton.
The wife was so enthusiastic at the new styling,
she scored a white soled pair.
The difficulty is knowing these would flame up with serious metal work,
the reason I stopped wearing the Rod Lavers.
The plastic-y tongue will not hold up.
Besides the suede isn't nearly as durable as the shiny leather.
I'd limit my work to not destroy the shoe.
Hey,
it's endless summer here,
and no big work boots with shorts...
The tough part is ruining new white stan smiths.
They'll look good for about an hour,
although looking good in bright white shoes,
only works for senior citizens in track suits.
Yeah I know this is my OCD secret stash.
My problem is venturing out of the Adidas lines.
Even my rarely worn dress shoes have Adidas soles.
Which made me realize,
I should have just got a shiny black pair of stan smiths for dress up...
Dang it.
Which comes to the heresy.
Someone ditched these Nike's on us years ago,
probably some dead old guy's,
 I don't know.
They're obviously wannabe stan smiths,
with the green bottom.
They've been shuffled under the couch,
in my closet,
under Jaxons bed...
Time to give them them a workout.
Let's see how they hold up.
Definitely not as comfortable...
Yeah yeah yeah...
Waaa was waaa...
TP

No comments:

Post a Comment