04 August 2011

Mariachi El Bronx vs TJ root canal

So found out through the grapevine that Mariachi El Bronx was playing,
at "El Cita", a mexican bar. up in East LA.
I think for their 2nd CD release party.

After looking at the map, the 2 hour drive wasn't happening.
So instead of going north,
we unexpectedly decided to go south.

quick first series chevy truck






















We tried to chase this thing down but it was always out of reach.
Cool to see the baby seat huh!



little tooth file





















Its been a month since we've been to our TJ dentist,
one thing or another gets in the way.
One of my wifes temporary fillings popped out so...

little tooth file in my tooth





















what a perfect time to get a surprise root canal!
I was planning on just waiting for her teeth to get grinded on,
and next thing I know I'm sitting in the chair feeling violated for an hour.
Holy chit.
Guess its the best thing as I wasn't dreading it the whole day.

earlier root canal





















This is the one from last month(s).
The guy digs out the nerve, or heart,
and then fills it with this special rubber-like stuff.

Afterwards Pikachu took us to a tijuana "clamatoria".

clamato afrodisiaco


























Even though my bottom lip was numb,
this beer drink was so tasty.
I couldn't even tell that I was chewing the inside of my mouth,
or spilling the drink on my shirt.

clamato and tostitos concoctions




















We finally learned the ingredients to make a true "chelada".
There are some wild concoctions.
The locals were really into the "tostilocos",
which is a bag of spicy tostitos with a bunch of stuff added -
pork rinds, special salsa, little nut like things, cucumber chunks...
I should have taken a picture, next time.

While drinking our second drink, the chevemato,
the TV played mexican music videos,
and it dawned on me we were missing Mariachi El Bronx.





**This is the EL Cita bar they were playing at**
I was expecting this video to play after "Tigres del Norte"

The Bronx





Before you start wondering what's going on here,
this is the same band in their original Punk Rock form...






Probably one of the best shows you might not fully remember.






If you're able to see either of these shows,
you won't regret it.

Way better than a TJ root canal!

TP

1 comment:

  1. http://www.hulu.com/watch/265189/the-tonight-show-with-jay-leno-wed-aug-3-2011

    skip ahead to the last five minutes.
    bronx casbah needs to happen again

    ReplyDelete